a powerful feminine symbol, also universally represented as the movement of time. It is the middle ground between the light of the sun and the darkness of the night. Also known as the realm between the conscious and the unconscious. During the phases of the moon, we encounter the moon's energetic energies of immortality, eternity, enlightenment, and inner knowledge.
The moon manipulates not only the ocean tides, the rain, the waters, and the seasons, but also the phases of man's place in the world. Astrologically speaking the moon is seen as a symbol of the soul. Due to this Full Moon rituals have been made throughout the years to help us enlighten us through our journey of reflection and adaptation in this world.
Like the moon, there is a side of you that most people never see. This side is where all your hopes, dreams, fears, wishes, and desires are found. Best known as our shadow side in shamanism, a hidden and unexposed side from the world.
As the phases of the moon travel around the world, so do ours, making our shadow side more and more visible until we finally come into a Full Moon.
Throughout Moon Rituals we can use the moon's energy to help our hopes and desires, our fears and worries, to become less and less hidden and to bring them forth from out of the shadow.
Below you can find some moon rituals that we love and practice here at Loca Luna.
Ritual No.2 // New Moon Practice
Write down all your wishes, dreams, intentions, and desires. Remember to be as specific as you can be.
Read your list aloud. You can go outside beneath the sky or you can light a candle inside in offering.
Give thanks to the Universe and the Goddess (or your chosen dedication) for hearing your truth.
Read as often as you are called until the Full Moon and then release the energy in sacred fire trusting in it coming into your life.
Ritual No.4 // Drawing Down the Moon
Mother Goddess lend me your light.
Give me your power on this faithful night.
I invoke you into my being and soul.
Fill up my vessel and make me feel whole.
I stand before you in awe and in love.
I cherish the gifts you send from above.
I ask you tonight to show unto me.
My mother, My Goddess, so mote it be.
Ritual No.1 // Full Moon Prayer
Sit down in a place that gives you an abundance of love and happiness and meditate to these sentences.
I welcome transformation.
I welcome growth.
I welcome abundance.
I know what I need.
I am ready.
Ritual No.3 // 5 Sage Goddess Rituals
1. When you wake up in the morning, declare your intention for the day out loud to the universe and your guides.
2. Close your eyes and take 7 deep breaths, one for each chakra, to balance your energy system.
3. Smudge yourself from head to toe with sage to clear any negative energy from your body.
4. Bless your food with gratitude to absorb its highest vibration of nutrients.
5. Before you fall asleep, visualize cords connecting you to everyone you met that day, sending their energy back to them.
Ritual No.5 // Full Moon Release
1. Write down on a piece of paper all of the things you would like to release from your life (attitudes, pain, emotions, addictions, relationships, behaviours etc..).
2. Go outside under the moon and read your list aloud.
3. Burn your list under the moon (please be fire safety conscious).
4. Thank the moon and the universe
(Note that pictures have been sourced out of Pinterest)